While we have not made any material changes to the way we process data about our users, we have updated this policy to make it shorter and easier to read, and to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation coming into force on May 25, 2018
1. What Data We Get
We collect certain data from you directly, like the information you enter yourself, data about your participation in courses, and data from third-party platforms you connect with UI5CN. We also collect some data automatically, like information about your device and what parts of our Services you interact with or spend time using.
1.1 Data You Provide to Us
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Services. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect.
When you create an account and use the Services, including through a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
In order to use certain features (like enrolling in a course), you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your email address, password, Name, and assign you a unique identifying number (“Account Data”).
You can also choose to provide profile information like a photo, headline, website link, social media profiles, or other data. Your Profile Data will be publicly viewable by others.
Parts of the Services let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews on a course page, asking or answering questions, sending messages to instructors, or posting photos or other work you upload. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.
When you enroll in and take courses, we collect certain data including which courses, assignments and quizzes you’ve started and completed; your exchanges with instructors, teaching assistants, and other students; and essays, answers to questions, and other items submitted to satisfy course requirements.
Student Payment Data
If you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and zip code) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code. All the financial transaction happening on UI5CN is either carried out by Stripe payment gateway or by Paypal. Credit card transaction is handled via Stripe a payment gateway which is compliant with data privacy and GDPR policies. You can store payment medium such as credit card information if you are purchasing a product or service from us, so next time you can do a quick check out payment. Also for recurring payments, credit card details are stored and managed by stripe payment gateway. You have rights to cancel your subscription anytime and ask for your payment related data such as credit card details to be removed from our Stripe account. For more details of refund policies, you can check out terms and service for refunds.
Instructor Payment Data
Data About Your Accounts on Other Services
We may obtain certain information through your social media or other online accounts if they are connected to your UI5CN account. If you log in to UI5CN via Linkedin or another third-party platform or service, we ask for your permission to access certain information about that other account. For example, depending on the platform or service we may collect your name, profile picture, account ID number, login email address, location and physical location of your access devices.
Those platforms and services make information available to us through their APIs. The information we receive depends on what information you (via your privacy settings) or the platform or service decide to give us.
If you access or use our Services through a third-party platform or service, or click on any third-party links, the collection, use, and sharing of your data will also be subject to the privacy policies and other agreements of that third party.
Promotions, and Surveys
Communications and Support
The data listed above is stored by us and associated with your account.
1.2 Data We Collect Through Automated Means
When you access the Services (including browsing courses), we collect certain data by automated means, including:
Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types (“System Data”).
Usage statistics about your interactions with the Services, including courses accessed, time spent on pages or the Service, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Services (“Usage Data”).
Approximate Geographic Data
An approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.
The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by us and associated with your account.
2. How We Get Data About You
We use tools like CRM(such as Aweber and Leadpages), analytics services( such as Mixpanel, Google Analytics and Lucky Orange), Payment Gateway(such as Stripe and Paypal) and advertising providers to gather the data listed above. Some of these tools offer you the ability to opt out of data collection.
Quick Summary of Tools we use
We are currently using below third-party tools in our platform for providing our services(such as provide learning, staying updated on particular technology and tools), make our service more easier for our users to use, marketing, customer relationship management, tracking usage. These third party tools and platforms are GDPR compliant (confirmation for which we got after asking the company representative or going through the information below service providers presented in form of blog/emails/notifications. )
Third-Party Tools we use are:
Aweber, Leadpages, Hostgator, Linkedin, Stripe, Paypal, Zendesk, LiveChat, Wistia Thinkific API, Lucky Orange, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Forms, Accredible, Disqus, Slack Chat, Hostgator.
2.1 Cookies and Data Collection Tools
UI5CN uses the following types of cookies:
- Preferences: cookies that remember data about your browser and preferred settings that affect the appearance and behavior of the Services (like your preferred language).
- Security: cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Services; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
- Functional: cookies that store functional settings (like what information to be made available to you based on your location or history and feature related to the website).
- Session State: cookies that track your interactions with the Services to help us improve the Services and your browsing experience, remember your login details, and enable processing of your course purchases. These are strictly necessary for the Services to work properly, so if you disable them then certain functionalities will break or be unavailable.
Some of the third-party partners who provide certain features on our site may also use Local Storage Objects (also known as flash cookies or LSOs) to collect and store data.
We use third-party browser and mobile analytics services like Google Analytics, Aweber, Leadpages, Lucky Orange, Mixpanel and Zenchat on the Services. These services use Data Collection Tools to help us analyze your use of the Services, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Services, usage and performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We use this data to improve the Services, better understand how the Services perform on different devices and provide information that may be of interest to you.
2.3 Online Advertising
We use third-party advertising services like Google, Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin ad services, and other ad networks and ad servers to deliver advertising about our Services on other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on things we know about you, like your Usage Data and System Data (as detailed in Section 1), and things that these ad service providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services and may be tailored to your interests.
Depending on the types of advertising services we use, they may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, phone, or other devices to collect data about your use and may access those tracking technologies in order to serve these tailored advertisements to you.
3. What We Use Your Data For
We use your data to do things like provide our Services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, improve and update our Services, analyze how people use our Services, serve personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with the instructor or other users;
- Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features;
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors, notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements;
- Sending you information and messages about your progress in courses, rewards programs, new services, new features, new course publishing, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can opt out of at any time);
- Manage your account preferences;
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse;
- Solicit feedback from users;
- Market and administer surveys and promotions administered or sponsored by UI5CN;
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
- Tailor advertisements across devices;
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
4. Who We Share Your Data With
We share certain data about you with other students(in reviews and discussion forums), platforms performing services for us, analytics and data enrichment providers and advertising platforms who help us promote our Services. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share data in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
- With Other Students and Instructors: We make your reviews on our platforms, comments on discussion topics in Disqus forum, chat messages with slack chat public group make available for other users or instructors.
- With Service Providers and platform serving us, we share your data with third-party platforms who perform services on our behalf, like course hosting, video playback services, payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services (including retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- For Learning and Design of Platform, Our platform requires us to use Leadpages, Thinkific API and Wistia players to present learning content and user interfaces, we also provide Disqus forum, slack chat for engagement and asking questions. As part of these services, we allow these platforms to get data points for integration purpose, which is used to host our learning content, create an ecosystem in which student can learn from content, ask questions and get it answered, reach us when required for purpose of learning or questions about services.
- Payment Related Data If you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and zip code) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code. All the financial transaction happening on UI5CN is either carried out by Stripe payment gateway or by Paypal. Credit card transaction is handled via Stripe a payment gateway which is compliant with data privacy and GDPR policies itself. You can store payment medium such as credit card information if you are purchasing a product or service from us, so next time you can do an quick check out payment. Also for recurring payments, credit card details are stored and managed by stripe payment gateway. You have rights to cancel your subscription anytime and ask for your payment related data such as credit card details to be removed from our Stripe account. For more details of refund policies, you can check out terms and service for refunds.
- With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Lucky Orange, Aweber, Leadpages and Google Analytics we share, with our API’s Account Data to automate CRM processes, identify the System and Usage Data, market our services and provide our services.
- For Advertising: If we decide to offer advertising in the future, we may use and share certain System Data and Usage Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect System Data through Data Collection Tools (as detailed in Section 2.1), and to use this data to offer you targeted ad delivery to personalize your user experience (through behavioral advertising) and undertake web analytics. Advertisers may also share with us the data they collect from you. To learn more or opt out from participating ad networks’ behavioral advertising, see Section 6.1 (Your Choices About the Use of Your Data) below. Note that if you opt out, you’ll continue to be served generic ads.
- For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of UI5CN, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
- During a Change in Control: If UI5CN undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence).
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it’s important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
UI5CN takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and UI5CN, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.
6. Your Rights
You have certain rights to the use of your data, including the ability to opt out of promotional emails, cookies, and collection of your data by certain analytics providers. You can update or terminate your account from within our Services, and you can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data. Parents who believe we’ve unintentionally collected personal data about their underage child should contact us for help deleting that information.
6.1 Your Choices About The Use of Your Data
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
- To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive or by changing the email preferences in your account. Note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the Services, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the Services, and notices about our policies.
- The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared. You can manage that through Website Storage Settings panel.
- To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site. To opt out of Google’s display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
- To opt out of allowing Google Analytics, Lucky Orange, Mixpanel, Aweber to use your data for analytics or enrichment, see the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Mixpanel Opt-Out Cookie, to opt out from Aweber you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive or by changing the email preferences in your account and to opt out from Lucky Orange you can see this Lucky Orange Privacy Setting and Opt Out.
- If you have any questions about your data, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at email@example.com.
6.2 Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You can access and update your personal data that UI5CN collects and maintains as follows:
- To update data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time.
- To terminate your account:
- If you are a student/Instructor, visit your profile settings page or reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any issues terminating your account, email us at email@example.com.
- To request to access, correct, or delete your personal data, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at UI5CN, L-148, 5th Main Rd, Sector 6, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560102, Please allow up to 30 days for a response. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that we retain certain data where we have a lawful basis to do so, including for mandatory record-keeping and to complete transactions.
6.3 Our Policy Concerning Children
We recognize the privacy interests of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Children under 13 (or under 16 in the European Economic Area) should not use the Services. If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a child under those ages, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
Parents who believe that UI5CN may have collected personal data from a child under those ages can submit a request that it be removed to email@example.com.
7. Jurisdiction-Specific Rules
UI5 Community Network Pvt. Ltd., is headquartered in Bangalore, our platform and servers are hosted in Vancouver, Canada(Using Thinkific API) and in order to provide the Services to you we must transfer your data to Vancouver, Canada and process it there.
This Policy and all matters arising from your use of the Site are governed by and will be construed according to the laws of Bangalore, India, without regard to any choice of laws rules of any jurisdiction. The federal courts and state courts that have geographical jurisdiction over disputes arising at our office located in Bangalore, India will be the only permissible venues for any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy or the Site and Service.
How We Protect Your Information
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. UI5CN takes a variety of technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect your information from disclosure to or access by third parties. Please note that we do not guarantee the security of information, as no method of internet transmission or storage is completely secure. Also, note that we may retain and store your information in our databases and systems even after your UI5CN account is deactivated as long as we have a legitimate purpose to do so and in accordance with applicable law.
7.1 Users Outside of India
By visiting or using our Services, you consent to the storage of your data on servers located in the Vancouver, Canada(Using Thinkific API). If you are using the Services from outside Canada, you consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your data in and to Canada or other countries. Specifically, personal data collected in Switzerland and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) is transferred and stored outside those areas.
That data is also processed outside of Switzerland and the EEA by our UI5CN group companies, or our service providers, including to process transactions, facilitate payments and provide support services as described in Section 4. We have entered into data processing agreements with our service providers that restrict and regulate their processing of your data on our behalf. By submitting your data or using our Services, you consent to this transfer, storage, and processing by UI5CN and its processors.
7.2 California Privacy Rights
California residents have the right to receive, once a year from UI5CN: (a) information identifying any third-party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) “personal information” (as defined by California law) for that company's direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain such information, submit a request at firstname.lastname@example.org; when you request the information, use the phrase “California Shine the Light Request” to help us appropriately identify your question, and include your mailing address, state of residence and email address so we can provide a response.
8. Updates & Contact Info
When we make a material change to this policy, we’ll notify users via email, in-product notice, or another mechanism required by law. Changes become effective the day they’re posted. Please contact us via email or postal mail with any questions, concerns, or disputes.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on UI5CN.
We use both session cookies, which expire after a short time or when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain stored in your browser for a set period of time. We use session cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, like when you log into UI5CN. We use persistent cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period, like when you request that we keep you signed in.
Authentication and security
For example, cookies help authenticate your access to UI5CN and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your accounts.
Analytics and research
For example, cookies help us determine which email messages are opened, and cookies help us see how you interact with UI5CN, like the links you click on.
You can opt out of some of these services through tools like Google Analytics Opt-out Browser , Mixpanel Opt-Out Cookie, to opt out from Aweber you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive or by changing the email preferences in your account and to opt out from Lucky Orange you can see this Lucky Orange Privacy Setting and Opt Out.
To learn more about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site.
Please note that where advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertising on other websites and applications, but it will not be tailored to your interests.
What are My Privacy Options?
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to decline cookies by consulting your browser’s support articles. If you decide to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some interactive features in the Services.
- Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, so your browser’s cookie-management tools may not remove them. To learn more about how to manage Flash cookies, see Adobe’s article on managing flash cookies and Website Storage Settings panel.
- To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site. To opt out of Google Analytics’ display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
- For general information about targeting cookies and how to disable them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Updates & Contact Info